Thursday, July 22, 2010

24 hours smoke free_29918

I started the day giving myself a pat on the back...instead of reaching for a pack!I'm already noticing changes in my body, I'm craving water, orange juice and green tea. I want to stay physically busy. I do notice visual sensations,smoking cessation, like a little dizziness and images seem sharper. I'm feeling a little....not irritable, but more like impatient. It was hard to sleep last night, woke up a dozen times or more. I know each and every one of you went through this and I'm not unique,quit smoking, the key is keep hanging in there...the smoke free hours become days, weeks, years. I know I'm one puff away from failure and will be forever. I called a quit smoking number from a tv commercial, they sent a packet of free info. One helpful thing is a chart that shows hour by hour, then by weeks and days, the healing that takes place in our bodies. I'm able to check them off as they happen and it tells me what to expect next so when it happens I have a plan. The first 4 days will be the worst, one day down! I've taken to snacking when I want to smoke, I need the calories, I'm below 100 pounds (not on purpose). My mood is stable (so far), just a little antsy. I know this too shall pass! I've tried to get a ticker and must be doing something wrong. You all have such cute ones, I went to the ticker sites and for some reason, they don't work for me. That's ok- plan B- make my own and display it on my desk, move the slider daily. It's nice to see progress! I was working on it as a craft project. Odd how my concentration is so flighty! The ticker is green grass, the slider is a cut-out photo of my cat walking across the grass! My niece woke up and saw me making this craft project and thought it looked fun, though when I explained what it was, I don't think she gets it (we have a slight communication problem). And when I'm on the go, I've started putting a smiley face in my calendar book for every smoke free day. One big smile so far and kitty took her first step!

No comments:

Post a Comment