Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My future as a non-smoker

I'll try to keep this as short as possible:So I was smoke-free for 15 days, had a slip up, and I'm back on track again. I'm on day 3 of my quit,stop smoking, and it's going extremely well. I learned a lot from my relapse: that cigarettes do nothing for me and taste awful. I've also learned that lollypops help me out a great deal. I've said it on the board before, and I believe that the candy + the psychological aspect of bringing something up to your mouth and taking it out again helps tremendously. I haven't had any cravings aside from one inspired by anger since I saw my Ex girlfriend yesterday. I wanted to smoke briefly, but I reassured myself that I obviously didn't want to smoke, and got over it.The problem is my surrounding (this will sound completely backwards, but it's the truth). At college,smoking cessation, for some reason, I can resist smoking because my friends here don't smoke. When I'm at home, I'm much more tempted to smoke because my brother and home friends all smoke. Also, in the convenience of my home, I don't care how I smell because my friends aren't around me (truth, don't judge ). I'm worried about the summer. The summer will be warm, and it will be extremely easy for me to fall back into my home habbits of smoking constantly and hanging out inside. Now it might not be that hard to smoke, but what about when I get back to that setting where it will be so damn convenient? It would ruin everything I've been working for, I know. But still, it seems so realistic to me that I would start again just because of how easy it would be and how convenient it would be. What would I do then?By the way, I bought a box of Nicorette from CVS the other day. I haven't had any yet, because I haven't had any serious cravings. I'm hoping that I wont have to use it, but what if I do? Let's say on day 7 of my quit, I get my first serious craving. Should I try a piece of the gum? Or would that be considered a set back? I'm PISSED, that gum cost me $50 and I'm realizing that I (hopefully) wont need it. Better have it then not .

No comments:

Post a Comment