Thursday, July 29, 2010

Resentment

My boyfriend is pressuring me to quit smoking,smoking cessation, basically its either him or the cigarettes. I've been friends with the guy for a year or so, been smoking for two. He knew I was a smoker, I never tried to hide it. But, one of his requirements for a relationship with me was that I quit smoking, because he doesn't date smokers. I told him I'd quit, put it off, smoked and felt guilty. Now he is upset because I haven't quit, and he gave me an ultimatum. I don't want to lose him, but I don't feel mentally ready to quit. I don't want to be pressured into this, because that will get me nowhere.And... there's another part. He doesn't believe that the mental addiction to cigarettes is just as powerful as the physical one. He thinks I'm overreacting, and that i should just "get over it." I told him I was scared to quit, and didn't know if I felt mentally ready, and he basically laughed at me and told me I was being a drama queen. He thinks willpower is enough... that once I ride out the withdrawal, I will never smoke or want to smoke again.I don't know what to do. I am emotionally frustrated and tired and angry. I'm really resenting this and him,Herbal cigarettes, and I don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment