Friday, July 30, 2010

Things I've Learned About Myself and My Quit

I'm an old but goody as my hubby says. I remember Bill Hailey and the Comets,stop smoking, nuke drills, hula hoops, hop scotch and double dutch, black and white tv,stop smoking now, and the first ever televised Miss America pageant. I thought I knew myself well but found out there were somethings about myself that were deeply hidden.I found that I could resolve to keep this quit and be with a chain smoker for a full day and night and never desire a smoke. But let me be alone and the craving is so strong that I have to fight myself not to buy a pack. It's like I'm either telling myself, you can't have a smoke in front of someone else but you can sneak one when no one will know about it. Yeah, Right! I would know about it and that is the only person that counts in this quit. So I learned that I was stronger and more resolute than I thought I was.I found that withdrawal from nicotine is not as bad as I thought but the emotional and physical withdrawal from the act of smoking is a b*tch. I found that thhe emotional and physical need is what a crave really is and not the need for the nicotine in your system. It is the desire to revert back to what you have always considered the norm.I've found sleeping deeper and more restful; food tastes are changing and not always for the better; smell is returning and and skin is clearing and teeth are whitening.Amazing what a QUIT does, isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment