Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Quit Smoking Monday Messages_1189

Desperate to Smoke -- Desperate to QuitAbout.com Smoking Cessation forum member and moderator, Lesly shares her perspectives about nicotine addiction and recovery from three years smoke-free:From Lesly:"Three years ago I was a desperate woman.I was desperate to quit smoking – I was desperate to smoke.I was sick to death of smoking – I loved to smoke.I hated how I smelled – I loved the smell of my smokes.I hated the burn holes, fears, sickness – I loved the rituals.I hated being told I should quit - I knew I should quit.Most of all – I was sick and tired of being sick and tired, and I hated feeling stupid. Bottom line. So, I jumped off the teeter-totter and jumped into the forum’s smober boat with both feet. I clung desperately to the lifelines thrown to me and I held on with all my might through the storms (heck, more like hurricanes) that followed."Read Lesly's StoryAlmost without exception, people who have put a year or two into smoking cessation echo the same sentiment: Smoking ceases to be a consideration - freedom from nicotine addiction is within reach for all of us. If you're thinking about quitting, join us at the support forum here at About.com Smoking Cessation. We'll help you put smoking behind you,quit smoking now, once and for all. **************Take The Quit Smoking Monday PledgeHealthy Monday encourages us to think of every Monday as a day that we can begin work anew on goals that we have for ourselves. If you're still smoking, put your cigarettes down and get started on your quit program today.Quit Smoking Monday Messages ArchiveWe all have the ability to quit smoking successfully, and we all deserve a life that is free of addiction. Honor your life by choosing Monday as the day to start and reinforce your quit program.You can quit smoking ... and we’re here to help you, one simple Monday at a time.Image © healthymonday.org

No comments:

Post a Comment