Monday, July 26, 2010

Is my quit too easy-

I received a PM from one of you wonderful people here last nite... the person basically wondered about my journey of quitting up to this point, and this person wanted to know how I am doing so well and said they wanted to be where I am when they get this far into their quit, and how did I do it?First of all, I'm only a little over a month quit... I wasn't sure at first about starting a thread like this, but then I thought, why the hell not? It is my story, my truth, my journey. So here goes.I quit smoking for good on May 13th... I started taking Chantix five days before my quit... I then took Chantix for two more days, just to get thru the physical withdrawal... I also only took the minimum dosage (the amount that you smoke the first three days, that's the dose I stayed on, just enuf to take the edge off)... so yes, I'm a thawed turkey.The first week wasn't really that bad... truth to tell, my whole quit has not been that bad. The first week, I had a few cravings, not too many, but they were strong cravings... they didn't last all that long except for one that I recall lasting almost all day, but I think it was more of a "want" than a "crave".For the 2nd and 3rd week, once again, not too many cravings,quit smoking, just one or two... I recall posting on here a "Grrrrrrrrr" post during that time because I was so mad at myself for wanting to have a smoke.Since then,quit smoking now, I have not had any major craves... every once in a while I will see someone smoking, and I will have a "thought" that I sure did enjoy that when I did it, but that thought disappears really quick... I mostly get that feeling if I watch tv and see people smoking or if I'm driving and see people in their cars smoking... but it's not horrible, it's not bad, it's so very doable that it's beginning to make me nervous...Yes, nervous... so I shall ask... am I the only one who is having such an easy time of it my first few months??? It makes me wonder if the nicodemon monster is just waiting right around the corner, like at my two month anny or something.I truly believe that I have gotten major attitude thru education on my addiction and that this is what has made my quit so easy... but then I read posts by people that are having one hell of a time, and I know they've also read all about their addiction... is it just easier for some of us to deal with? Or maybe I'm just such a mean person that the nicodemon is scared of me? lolPeople, is there anyone else out there like me? Even if not, please share how you're doing, I'm truly interested.Above all else: keep the quit! You really can do it! For all you new quitters, get some major attitude and don't let anything or anyone talk you into a smoke... you can rock your quit! It's all up to you... as they say: never take another puff.And lastly, never ever let your guard down... I know that the nicodemon is hiding somewhere... I feel today like I'm in the "fun house" at the carnival, just waiting for him to pop out at me... what he doesn't know is I have some anti-nico spray and it's gonna get him straight in the eye! And still, I have no craving to smoke.Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment