Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sometimes I forget I don't smoke...

Especially in the mornings when I'm still a little groggy. I'll roll out of bed,Herbal cigarettes, sit down on the couch and feel around for my pack. Then I think "Huh... where's my ashtray?? Oh YEAH!! I don't smoke any more..." I did that in the car on the way home from work yesterday. I got in... reached in my purse for my pack. Then I though "Duh, I don't have any... I quit." Then I buckle my seatbelt and my hand mindless goes back to my purse. I stop myself... say "DUDE! You don't smoke!" Then I start the car,smoking cessation, turn the radio up and reach over again. I wasn't thinking when I'd reach over to my purse but I've reached over to dig smokes out of my bag every day for the past 15 years (that's roughly 5475 times!) I don't even think about it anymore... I just grab. It's a little sad at first because I've done really good with distracting myself and not dwelling on the feeling of loss. Then when I catch myself trying to find a cigg and remembering that I don't smoke anymore... I feel I get a little bummed out. BUT... my mind gets bummed out.. my lungs and heart grin and whoop with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment