Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I just wanna say

Hi,smoking cessation, Tim's wife Amy here. I've been lurking here so I could better understand what Tim is going through and how best to support him. I am so very proud and happy for him. But even though I came here for him I have found that I have been inspired as well. It has been a privilege to share your journeys with you and I admire and respect each one of you. It's been a long time since I quit smoking (24 years) but looking back I can see that so much of the advice here is exactly what worked for me. I can still remember coming to the conclusion that the only way to quit was to never ever pick up another cigarette and put it in my mouth. Simple (notice I didn't say easy?? ) Somehow I'd learned from my previous quit attempts what you are all teaching here. One time I even quit for several months and gave in to that "just one cigarette" and that was the end of that. So I knew that didn't work. I had to do it through trial and error (sometimes a lot of error) but for you newbies,stop smoking, you have the advantage of everyone else's experience here. Listen to them! You can learn here what you need to know to quit successfully without going through a bunch of relapses first. How cool is that??!!I'm so glad Tim found this board. I'll be hanging around and just may throw in my 2 cents now and then. Thank you for helping my hubby with his quit and congratulations to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment