Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Made it to day 3....whew!_12763

Last night I faced work for the first time since I quit Sunday. I work shiftwork,quit smoking, and this week my shift is on evenings. This means the bosses aren't there and most of my crew takes extra individual smoke breaks a couple of times a night. They have to walk right by me to get to the outside smoking area, and every single person on my shift smokes.All night,stop smoking, every ten minutes or so, a different person would walk by with the smell of freshly smoked cigs on them! At first, it smelled bad, but eventually it started to kick in cravings. These were the first real cravings I've had since Quitting.I came prepared with a giant bag of jawbreakers near me at all times, and I took a crossword book and sat in my work area during break times. I made it fairly unscathed except for my poor mouth! If any of you know of a candy thats easier on the mouth than jawbreakers, but lasts longer than 30 seconds, let me know!As bad as last night was, today I feel much better and excited again about Quitting. Last night was pretty horrible, but I'm guessing they will get easier as time go by. Regardless, I need a new game plan tonight!Wish me well!

No comments:

Post a Comment