Sunday, July 25, 2010

Here I Is....

Morning Quit Buddies.... Thanks everyone for thinking about me. I just had the busiest last two days! I worked 12 straight hours (on my feet, running around all day) at the Lion's Christmas Basket Food drive on Friday, where I am in charge of separating the mountains of food that come in and directing 20-30 volunteers,smoking cessation, including some young kids, and alernative education kids who think they are tough, but really are sweet. I asked them, "OK, which two of you boys are the baddest, with the worse attitude." They were pointed out, and I dragged them over to the toy section of the drive - had them separating the toys for all the kiddies. At first, they were too cool, but when the teacher told them it was time to go, they said, "Oh, we don't want to go!" These great big tall young males, skin tight jeans with holes, studs everywhere, all black on. Loved those boys. Then up first thing yesterday morning to deliver to a few of the families. ARGH that is always something. PIG STYS some of them!! Must always keep in mind it's not for the bare footed lazy Mother who trotts out but for that sweet little munchkin peeking around the corner. : ) And no, all families are not lazy like that; we just happened to deliver to two who were. There are many, many families who are just having a hard time in Michigan right now. Had to love pulling up to one house, and two of them were outside smoking.. Yep,stop smoking, can't buy food but can smoke. Yikes! ADDICTION.By 3:30 I was back out the door to deliver another basket then off for the 1 1/2 hour drive to my daughter's for Christmas and babysitting after for them. Got home at 1:30. Whew... didn't get up until 10 AMYesterday, my last patch day, I just put my old one back on.... weddle down that way. I have the day to myself here (Hooray) with a bit of chores that can or cannot be done... wrapping, cards.. those dang nabbit bills to be paid again... gosh I hate paying those things. ARGH.I'll keep ya all posted. Thanks for reading my ramblings this morning, and remembering that today is NO PATCH DAY. Tooooooo funny!xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment